Losing your teeth can be embarrassing and cause anxiety, but at Coastal Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry in Virginia Beach, we understand your concerns. Our experienced team, led by Dr. Cappy Sinclair and Dr. Mark Reichley, offers comprehensive dental implant services to replace missing or severely damaged teeth.
The Permanent Solution
Dental implants are the ideal choice for those seeking a permanent, natural-looking solution to replace missing teeth. While there are various options available, none can match the quality, effectiveness, and durability of dental implants. With our dental implants in Virginia Beach, you can regain your confidence to eat, drink, speak, and smile without any restrictions.
To learn more about our dental implant services in Virginia Beach, visit the Ambassadeur Hotel website.
The dental implant process at our Virginia Beach dental office takes several months and involves oral surgery. Dr. Sinclair and Dr. Reichley will spend considerable time in the pre-treatment and planning phase to develop a personalized treatment plan for successful results. Rest assured, we will guide you through every step of the way.
1. Comprehensive Dental Implant Evaluation
The journey begins with a comprehensive evaluation of your teeth, gums, jaw joints, and other mouth structures. Dental X-rays may be taken to determine if you have adequate bone structure to support the implant. If necessary, we may recommend a bone graft. During this consultation, we’ll assess your candidacy for dental implants and create a personalized treatment plan, coordinating with an oral surgeon or periodontist if required.
2. Placement of the Implant Post
Working from the treatment plan, an oral surgeon or periodontist will surgically place the implant post or fixture into your jawbone. The post will act as the root for the new prosthetic tooth. We prioritize strategic planning to ensure long-term success and comfort. During the healing period of approximately 3 to 6 months, a temporary crown or bridge may be placed to aid in the healing process and maintain functionality and aesthetics.
3. Placement of the Implant Restoration
Once your mouth has healed, Dr. Sinclair or Dr. Reichley will uncover the implant post and secure the final restoration to it using an abutment. The abutment holds the prosthetic tooth in place. Before you leave our office, our dentists will examine the implant site and provide post-op and care instructions, ensuring everything looks good and you’re well-informed.
Types of Dental Implants
At Coastal Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry, we offer various types of dental implants to suit your needs and oral health. Some of the options we provide include:
- Single Tooth Implant Replacement: Ideal for replacing a single tooth, this treatment involves placing an implant into the healthy root socket and attaching a custom-designed dental crown that blends seamlessly with your natural teeth.
- All-on-Four Dental Implants: This procedure uses titanium implants and meticulous treatment planning to secure a complete denture for the replacement of multiple missing teeth. It allows patients with advanced bone deterioration to receive implant-secured dentures without requiring traditional bone grafting.
- Teeth In A Day: Our Teeth-In-A-Day service offers quick and effective restoration, utilizing the latest dental techniques and technology for natural-looking, comfortable, and durable results.
Dental Implant Aftercare
Proper aftercare is crucial to maintaining the longevity and functionality of your dental implants. Follow these simple steps to ensure optimal care:
- Practice good oral hygiene by brushing at least twice a day and flossing.
- Schedule regular check-ups with our dentists to monitor the progress of your dental implants and make any necessary adjustments.
- When brushing, use a gentle toothbrush with soft bristles to avoid damaging your gums.
- Avoid very hard, crunchy, and sticky foods that can damage your implants.
- Limit consumption of sugary and acidic beverages to prevent tartar formation.
- Pay attention to any unusual sensations or swelling, and contact our dentist if necessary.
By following these basic steps, you’ll maximize the benefits of your dental implants and keep them looking and functioning their best.
Schedule a Consultation
If you’re missing one or more teeth, dental implants offer an excellent solution. We proudly serve Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Norfolk, and surrounding communities. Discover why dental implants are the preferred choice for missing teeth among our patients and local dentists. Give us a call at 757-656-6368 or request an appointment online today.